Saturday, June 9, 2012

Equipped by God

This past Monday I had the wonderful opportunity to share about my mission to Germany with some of the ladies at First United Methodist Church in Bangor. I joined them for their Bible Study time and shared about the journey that God has called me to at Black Forest Academy. I am so grateful for these women and for their willingness to pray for me as I serve and teach in Germany. It was so fun to reunite with them and to talk about how God calls each of us to mission no matter where we are.
We discussed the passage in 1 Samuel 16:4-13 when God sends Samuel to appoint the new king. God selects and anoints David as King and from that point on He equips and empowers David to be a great leader. In the same way, I am reminded that God will certainly equip and supply my every need as I travel to Germany and prepare to serve the students at Black Forest Academy. Our God is faithful and enduring and knows just what we need.
Reading scripture together
Sharing about BFA and answering questions

"And the LORD said, “Arise, anoint him; for this is he.” 13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon David from that day forward." 1 Samuel 16:12, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment