Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Markets

In the last few weeks it has been fun to go and explore the various Christmas Markets in the area. Several of the bigger cities in the area have sections designated for Christmas booths that sell different kinds of crafts and goods for the Christmas season. Each one is so unique and the crafts and art are so cool to see! I have had lots of fun going around and taking it all in. Here are some pictures from the various places I have been able to visit.
 
View of the lovely houses in Colmar, France.
 

Christmas market booths in Colmar, France
 

Lots of people shopping
 

Yummy treats from the market. It has been fun to try new things!
 

Christmas tree in the marketplace in Basel, Switzerland
 

Some shoppers at the market in Basel
 

Lots of unique gifts!!
 

Sarah picking out some ornaments for presents in Freiburg
 
View of the market in Frieburg, Germany at night!
 
Handmade houses from the Black Forest!
 
Beautiful lanterns on display at the Freiburg market
It has been fun to see the Christmas preparations and decortaions here in Germany. However, I am looking forward to retunring home to Pennsylvania to celebrate Christmas with family and friends. I leave this Wednesday and appreciate your prayers for safe travels!
 
Merry Christmas from Germany!
Frohe Weihnachten aus Deutschland!

No comments:

Post a Comment