While we really miss having the German students and teachers around, it is really nice to spend some quality time with these kids. They are full of creative ideas, insightful thoughts, and lots of laughs! In addition, it is fun to have a small class of just 9 students for 8 days!
We started our poetry unit on Tuesday and we are writing and reading all different kinds of poetry.
Today we wrote "Important Poems" based off of, "The Important Book" by Margaret Wise Brown. The students could pick something about themselves that they think is really important to write about. I told them they could do anything from "The important thing about me is I am a good friend" to "The important thing about me is that I love ice cream."
I was so impressed with their sincere and thoughtful poems. I wanted to share with you!
"The important thing about me is that I am a missionary.
I am honest,
and I am friendly,
and I trust,
but the most important thing about me is that I love Jesus with all of my heart!"
Student 2:
"The imporatnt thing about me is that God made me.
I am loved,
and I am watched over,
and I am special,
but the most important thing about me is God made me."
Student 3:"The important thing about me is that I love Jesus.
Am imporant to Jesus,
and I am loving to Jesus,
and I know he died on the cross to wash away my sins,
but the most imporant thing about me is that I love him a lot!"
Student 4:
"The imporant thing about my mom is she cares about me a lot.
She is kind,
and she loves me,
and she is sweet,
but the most important thing about my mom is she cares about me."
How special to read about what is most important to these kids! They are each so unique and special.

No comments:
Post a Comment