When I heard the students would be divided into work teams based on their weekly small groups I wondered if I could join with my small group to work with them even though the elementary school isn't involved in these events.
I was so glad I was able to find a sub for the day and come and work with the girls in my small group during Impact Day! My small group was assigned to come to Wollbach, where the elementary school is, to help with some much needed work at the front of our school. The girls worked hard all day long digging holes, shoveling stones, and planting grass!
We had a blast working together and setting a good example of servant hearts that the elementary students certainly saw! It was also really special for my small group girls to see where I work every day!
These girls never complained about the hard work and showed incredible strength as they carried around heavy loads of rocks.
The Mayor of the village of Wollbach worked with us throughout the day. It was great to serve the community and to be a positive example of serving together.
"Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing." Psalm 100:2
The beginning of the school year is busy with lots of planning, getting used to a new schedule and new students, and finding a routine. However, in the midst of the busy, the preparation, and the new, there is something about taking time to serve and work with another that reminds you what's really important. I was so proud of my small group girls for their hard work and for the chance for them to shine their light for the people and students in Wollbach to see. What a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment