Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Days

The days are getting cooler and the leaves are starting to turn yellow here in Germany! Herbst (fall) is kicking in. Here are some fall happenings!

Last week it was time for my students to draw the "October" picture of a tree we are observing in the backyard of the school. I took a few pictures as the students diligently drew the details of the bark, leaves, apples, and branches of the tree. What great observers! They did an awesome job capturing the changes of the tree since September. We will come back again to observe our tree in November and to record our findings!
 
 
 As school and life continues this fall I am still adjusting to life teaching and living here in Germany. I truly appreciate the prayers of so many people for my students and for my own transition to this new culture. I am discovering more and more what I want my routine to look like and what areas in school and home that I want to adjust to keep a balanced and Christ-focused life. I appreciate your prayers throughout the ups and downs of these fall days. Check out Amy's blog post for a great look at what a typical day looks like at our school, CSK. A second grade day looks slight different, but for the most part it's very similar!

This Saturday I took a short trip to a nearby town called Titisee with some friends. It is a picturesque, small town in the Black Forest that was so fun to visit this time of year. Here are some pictures from the neat shops and beuatiful lake that we got to visit! I feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful area!

Elizabeth and I took a paddle boat ride out on the lake! It was so fun!

Cuckoo clocks from the Black Forest
Enjoying fall with friends :)
 
These fall days are filled with long school days, scarves and sweaters, fun adventures to nearby places, grading and planning, and also remembering to take time on this Sunday afternoon to look again at the bigger picture: the power of Christ's love. I shared with my students this week a verse that I needed to be reminded of. Philipians 2:14 says "Do everything without arguing or complaining." In the ups and downs of each day it is easy to complain or get bogged down with the many tasks to be done. Instead, we must turn our eyes to Christ who offers the strength and patience needed for each moment.
Paul goes on to write: "Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, 'children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.' Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain."
What an awesome reminder of the love and focus Jesus offers to us.

In the cool, beautiful days of fall, His love is enough.

Scripture Art, Bible Verse Art, Faith Based Art, Wedding Theme, Love theme, 1 Corinthians 13:7, 10x15 art print on wood

No comments:

Post a Comment