Monday, October 8, 2012

Letters to God

Second grade is learning about prayer. Right now the students are learning the Lord's Prayer in English and in German with my partner teacher Katharina. I am trying to learn it in German right along with them! After talking about prayer with the students a few weeks ago I had them write letters to God where they could give praise, thanks, a request, or make a small confession. It is so cool to see what the students wrote to the Lord. Here are a few! I have blocked out their names for privacy purposes and included a translation and clarification!   

"I love you and I believe in you and thank you for a class and a school and a teacher named Ms. Nicholson" 
(so sweet!)
 

"Thank you for dying on the cross."
 

Translation: "I love God. God is big. God is strong. God has power and God has the whole world. God please help my friends."
 

Translation: "Thank you for my friends and for the world."
 

"Thank you for this world and all the things you put in it. And I'm sorry for all the things I have done wrong."
 

This is a German student writing in English!! Pretty good!
"Thank you for the delicious food and for my family and that I have a bed and pets and that I have friends and a house."
 What a joy to watch these students express their heart to the Lord and to learn that He hears their prayers each and every day. Please continue to pray for these students that they may learn the love God has for them and all that He has in store for their lives!

Scripture Art, Bible Verse Art, Faith Based Art, 2 Kings 20:5, 5x8 art print on wood

No comments:

Post a Comment