Here are five fun things that have been happening in the last week or so!
1. Hike to CastleGuess what! I can hike to castle ruins from my house. How cool is that? A little over a week ago, Heather Brown and I went for a beautiful fall walk to Sausenburg castle which is just over 3km from my house. I have been wanting to hike there since I moved here and I finally got to go. It was so beautiful and I had great company :)
Last weekend it snowed in Kandern. There's something so magical about snow. I loved it!
(It has all melted by now and we are back to living in fall.)
| View from my kitchen window |
My students are wonderful scientists. We did a leaf investigation a little over a week ago and the students did a great job studying and classifying their many leaves! It is so fun to be able to do hands on projects in science using natural materials!
4. Praising Jesus
This last week was a fall holiday for the German students and so I just had my English students in class. There were so many times during the last week where my heart swelled and I smiled as I watched these student's learn and grow together and demonstrate their love for the Lord in so many ways. One of these times was as the students created a "Thankful Mural" of the many things they are thankful for. I put on worship music and the students sang songs of praise to the Lord as they drew pictures of family, friends, Christmas trees, houses, and foods. What a joy to watch!!
5. Herbstmesse
Wednesday the middle school and high school students of Black Forest Academy traveled to Herbstmesse, a fall festival in the nearby city of Basel. There are fun rides to go on and great food. I met up with some of my second graders who were there with older siblings and their families, and I went on a few rides with them! What a great experience to make memories together outside of the classroom :)
Castles,
hiking, snowy days, science projects, singing songs, giving thanks, slides and
second graders, these are some of my favorite things! My heart is so glad to be
able to enjoy the beauty of the Lord's creation and to delight in His children.
Jesus is making these words ever more clear to my heart, “Truly I tell you,
unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the
kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly
position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever
welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me." Matthew 18:3-5. These
children continue to teach me more about the love of my heavenly Father and I
am so glad to be able to share His love with them daily. More stories to come!

Thank you for taking time to write. I am really enjoying this reading of your great memories.
ReplyDelete