"I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High."
Psalm 7:17
Thanksgiving Fest happens at CSK every year in between German, Canadian, and American thanksgiving. It's a fun morning at our school where the parents put on fun thanksgiving activities for the students to participate in.
Last year I was sick and missed this day at school and so it was great to be able to enjoy this day with the students. We had so many wonderful parent volunteers who organized the entire program.
We started our day with a whole school lesson on the American thanksgiving story as told so beautifully by Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus, Sally, etc. After the historical film by the Peanuts gang, the students were divided up into different groups to participate in the morning's events!
I compiled some of my favorite pictures from the day to capture a bit of what the day was like!
 |
| The kids are ready in their groups for the morning activities! |
 |
| A fun relay game outside where the kids had to knock over the standing bottles. Thankful for great weather! |
 |
| Students playing games inside. |
 |
| Making cute, paper pumpkins |
 |
| Her pumpkin looked great! |
 |
| Decorating turkey cookies! |
 |
CB and a student color place mats before the meal is served. (The place mats were a brilliant idea to keep the kids occupied before lunch!!) |
 |
| Looking forward to trying some traditional American Thanksgiving food! |
 |
| Sweet friends :) |
 |
| The boys with their Thanksgiving lunch. |
 |
| Special friends. |
One of the fun parts of the day was when multiple parents who were organizing activities or leading groups came up to me during the morning and said, "I don't know how you do this every day!" Of course I love my job, but it was great for the parents to get a glimpse into the busy life of a teacher and managing all our students! I told the parents that I am so thankful for all my students, but I certainly am tired at the end of every day!
Here are some of the many things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
- Students who make me laugh and smile
- Wonderful co-workers
- New books in the library
- The first snow!
- My roommate, Amy
- FaceTime and Skype with friends and family in America
- Hot chocolate and cookies
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
No comments:
Post a Comment