Friday, July 25, 2014

You know you're NOT teaching in America when...

You know you are not teaching in America when...
  • You ask your students to design a town together and they all tell you they have to include a castle.
  • Your students leave their shoes outside the classroom door on December 6th for St. Nicholas to fill.
  • Your school takes two weeks off for Pentecost.
  • Your second grade students bring their passports for a class trip less than a half hour away.
  • Your emails, letters home, and report cards go out in two languages.
  • Your students remark, “I’ve learned so much German, all the English went out of my head!”
This photo clip is edited by Amy Collins. Thanks Amy!

You know you are teaching where God wants you to teach when...
  • Your student says, “What makes this school special is that God is in the middle.”
  • Morning circle time turns into a testimony time of students sharing how they accepted Jesus into their hearts.
  • You leave the room for a moment, come back, and hear your class singing “How Great is Our God” in English AND in German.
  • While leading worship during chapel you get choked up because the entire school is worshiping God by singing their favorite songs complete with hand motions.
  • A student shares at the school Spring Fest in front of parents, friends, and neighbors about how she accepted Christ for the first time and that it was, “the greatest decision of her life.”
  • Your students’ parents who are missionaries can continue serving in Germany because they know that their child’s education is in good hands.
  • Your students pray for one another, help each other, and learn together even though they come from different backgrounds.
  • Your English speaking students all finish the year reading at or above grade level! Oh yeah!
I also got this graphic from Amy. She is so great!

Thank you for your prayers and financial support over the last two years.  They have made such a difference.  As I prepare to renew my commitment for a third year of mission in the unique setting of Christian School Kandern, I hope you will renew your commitment to be an important part of my support team.

There are several ways to join my support team. The first is through your prayers. I ask that you please be in prayer for our school and for our students that they may continue to learn about the amazing love of Jesus. I also have listed some prayer requests on the side of my blog.
I also ask for your support financially. I am looking for people who would be willing to join my monthly support team each month. These donations help with my living expenses in Germany. I need $250 more each month in monthly pledges for my third year. Would you be willing to give at perhaps $25 or $50 a month?

If you are already a monthly supporter, thank you! Your gifts make all the difference in building God’s kingdom in Germany. If you would like to continue your support for my next year of service, that’s great! You don’t need to fill anything out, but if you would let me know via e-mail it will help me with my records.

Finally, if you would like to make another one time donation to my ministry in Germany, it would mean so much to me. Your gift truly helps to serve both the children of missionary families as well as the children in our local German community.

To give you can click on the "How to get Involved" tab at the top of my blog or you can follow this easy link:

Living on support is very humbling and not always easy. I often need to redirect where I am placing my trust and remember that God is so faithful to provide for our every need. This spring the pastor of the German church I attend shared a quote that really encouraged me. It says,
German: “Ich vertraue nicht auf Reichtum, sondern auf DEN der mich reichlich versorgt!
English: “I will not trust in riches, but in Him who richly provides!”
The church I attend in Germany!
God certainly is faithful to provide for our every need no matter what it is. He has shown me again and again that He knows our needs better than we do and that He can wonderfully provide for us.  

Thank you for following along and joining me in this journey of serving the Lord. Your prayers, encouragement, and love along the way has meant so much to me!
I hope you have a fun and blessed summer!
1 Peter 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment