Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gearing up for School!

The first day of school is September 3rd and is rapidly approaching!! In the next week I have to finish setting up my classroom, prepare some lessons, meet with my German co-teacher, and figure out the details of teaching at Christliche Schule Kandern (CSK). I've been sorting through the books of the classroom and dividing the English and German books and putting different kinds of books in similar piles and bins!

I will have 24 students in my class. There will be a mixture of native German speakers and English speakers. I will be teaching the English students language arts during a time called "Mother tongue". Later in the day I will be teaching the German students English during a time called "Partner language". I will be teaching all the students science. Finally, I will also teach the first graders Social Studies! Here is another picture of the work left to be done this week in my classroom! It's a bit messy, but there's a lot of great space!
I would appreciate your prayers this week as I prepare for the student's arrival and get my lessons and the set up of the class all sorted out. I have already been able to meet several of my students and I'm excited to meet them all!

This last week I got to travel into Basel with the other new staff from BFA. They treated us to a drink at the local Starbucks and we had a chance to walk around the neat city! It was raining, but it was fun to cross the Rhine and see a bit of a unique place. I'm looking forward to going back!

The Rathaus (city hall) in Basel, Switzerland

Thank you all for your prayers and support! I know the Lord has great things in store for this year!!
 
Scripture Art, Bible Verse Art, Faith Based Art, 1 Corinthians 2:9, 10x15 art print on wood

1 comment: