Tuesday, August 14, 2012

So far, so good! Life in Kandern

Since arriving in Kandern I have been able to meet people, tour the grocery stores, see some of the school buildings, attend German church, begin taking German orientation classes, and see a small bit of the local area! It is certainly a beautiful place with lots to learn about and to see and do. I know that I will be busy throughout the upcoming years learning about German culture and the unique places in the area.
Fountain in the Marktplatz
Some of the highlights of my time here so far has been connecting with the staff here at BFA and reconnecting with the friends that I met at TeachBeyond Orientation. I was also excited to be able to attend German church and sing worship songs in English and German and listen to a sermon in German. I have enjoyed walking around and discovering things in Kandern such as the Eis Cafe (ice cream place) and the cute shops downtown!


The Blumenplatz (city center)

Mostly BFA has allowed us time to get acclimated and settled into this new setting. I have had time to just explore or talk to new people and consider some of the belongings that I still need to go out and get for my new home. I am so grateful for the chance to rest and acclimate to this new place. I feel such a sense of peace that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Enjoy some of these pictures of my new home!

View of Riedlingen (small village next to Kandern)


Welcome sign at the high school of BFA!


Favorite house I've seen so far :)

Beautiful flowers off of the main street in Kandern!

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever."
Psalm 136:1

The Lord is good and I'm giving Him thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that's my favorite house, too! :) So glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are going well! I totally agree about the house. Adorable... reminds me of one of the houses in Beauty and the Beast.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! Definitely like the village in Beauty and the Beast. :) Miss and love you!

      Delete
  3. The pictures are wonderful! Thanks for sharing about your first few days. I miss you and wish I could be experiencing that beauty right alongside you. :)
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete