You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all
their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in
them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.
Nehemiah 9:6
This weekend I had the pleasure to go on a BFA sponsored retreat to Adelboden, Switzerland with other BFA teachers. It was so wonderful to be able to rest, relax, and recharge for the year ahead. Here are some of the highlights!
We stayed at the Janz Team Chalet that had wonderful views of the Swiss mountains and countryside every direction you looked there was a breathtaking view!
| View from my bedroom window |
| View looking the other direction |
| Janz Team Chalet |
During our free afternoon we were able to walk into the town of Adelboden to see some of the neat shops in the little town. My favorite part was walking down the main street and in between the shops seeing the gorgeous mountains! Very fun!
After walking into town we walked to a gorge that was absolutely stunning. The walk and the journey through the rocks and above the water was a great adventure.
| At the gorge with friends |
| Hiking through the Lord's amazing creation! |
Another highlight of the trip was connecting with the other teachers and having great discussion about teaching and loving our students. It was encouraging to talk with one another about ideas to offer grace and compassion in the classroom while still holding the students to high standards. I am excited to put what I learned into practice in the weeks ahead.
| The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade English teachers at CSK. So thankful for these women in my life. |
The final highlight of my trip was Sunday afternoon when I was able to travel with 3 other teachers to another part of the alps to hike from Steckelberg, a small town near Lauterbrunnen, to Gimmelwald, a town located beneath the Schilthorn, a mountail peak of the Swiss Alps. It was quite a hike with spectacular views of the mountains and surrounding villages. It was a wonderful way to spend Sunday while praising God for his amazing creation!! Pictures could not capture the grandeur of this location!
I am so thankful for the chance to spend a free weekend enjoying the blessings of a Great God. Even more, I am reminded of the amazing opportunity in my classroom to offer love, grace, and compassion each and every day to my students. What a wonderful JOY! While I certainly cannot do it on just my own strength, I am dependent on the Lord's bountiful joy and grace to help me through each and every day!
Thanks for following along in this walk filled with joy.

No comments:
Post a Comment